Search This BLOG

St-Pierre vs. Shields, Velasquez vs. Dos Santos Possible for UFC 129 in Toronto


Georges St-PierreMinutes after retaining the welterweight title with a dominant win over Josh Koscheck at UFC 124 in Montreal, champ Georges St-Pierre asked for a spot on UFC 129, the UFC’s Toronto debut on April 30, where he’ll likely face top-contender Jake Shields.


“I would love [to fight at UFC 131], but it depends on the boss. If the boss wants it, I’m in, but it’s up to the UFC,” St-Pierre said at the post-fight press conference. “I think I’m healthy. I’ve seen the doctor and I have some little bruises, but I think I can go back to training in 2 or 3 days.”



Though UFC President Dana White said it was too early to talk about the matchup, it would be no surprise for St-Pierre to headline another event in his home country, particularly one that is expected to draw a massive record-setting crowd.


A heavyweight title fight between champ Cain Velasquez and Junior dos Santos could also land on the UFC 129 pay-per-view, but White told MMAjunkie the promotion is waiting on other fights, like Janauary’s UFC 125, before setting the UFC 129 fight card.


UPDATE: The UFC’s Toronto debut on April 30 was expected to be UFC 131, but will instead be UFC 129


For the latest UFC 131 news and UFC 131 rumors stay tuned to MMAFrenzy.com.


Pictured: Georges St-Pierre


Source: http://mmafrenzy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment